Re: [cset] Add the EVIOCSABS ioctl for X people.

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 10:08:50 EST

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 12:47:20AM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:

> > ChangeSet@1.448, 2002-07-25 16:36:05+02:00, vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz
> > Add EVIOCSABS() ioctl to change the abs* informative
> > values on input devices. This is something the X peoople
> > really wanted.

> Grr. I was just working on modifying this ioctl() to return
> something better than int[5], which is pretty ugly.
>
> How about something along these lines (I have the rest of it - its
> just trivial changes to evdev.c)?

No problem. Send me a patch that does it for both the EVIOSGABS and
EVIOCSABS and I'll take it. You can either just do it in evdev.c, or
change every driver to use the struct.

> I could live with curr, min and max instead of *_value, but it
> would be nicer if it was a bit more descriptive.

You can make it current, minimum, and maximum, if you wish. I'm a
minimalist when it comes to naming, and I don't really think "_value" is
bringing much information here. All of them are values after all.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs