Re: Problems with Mylex DAC960P RAID controller

From: Chris Snyder (csnyder@mvpsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 13:45:17 EST

Morten Helgesen wrote:

> DAC960P ? I`ve got a box running 2.4.18 with a Mylex DAC960PTL1 card. The
> box is rock solid. If my memory isn`t hosed, the correct name
> of the card is 'Mylex AccelRaid 250'.

The card BIOS says it's a DAC960P - that's all the info I've got.

> The DAC960 driver is quite verbose - this is what I`ve got :
>
> kernel: DAC960: ***** DAC960 RAID Driver Version 2.4.11 of 11 October 2001 *****
> kernel: DAC960: Copyright 1998-2001 by Leonard N. Zubkoff <lnz@dandelion.com>

That's all the info it prints, then it hangs. It seems to be that
something's happening when it tries to detect the controller.

> Never had problems with the DAC960 driver in 2.4 (or 2.2 for that matter) ...
> Could you provide the message printed by your kernel ? We can continue from
> there ... maybe Leonard has an idea of what`s going on ... Leonard ?

There really aren't any messages printed by the kernel, other than the
DAC960 version and copyright info, since it completely hangs. I'm
booting from a distro (Gentoo) installation CD, so no syslog facility is
in place.