Re: cpu speed is 165mhz instead of real 650mhz

From: Nico Schottelius (nicos-mutt@pcsystems.de)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 08:16:43 EST

Joshua Uziel [Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:27:09AM -0700]:
> * Nico Schottelius <nicos-mutt@pcsystems.de> [020724 02:03]:
> > This periodicly appears in my system. The Kernel seems to misdetect the
> > right cpu speed and then it's running only at 165mhz.
> > I don't really understand why this happens, there's no acpi enabled, which
> > caused this failure the last time.
>
> Is this a notebook computer? Is it that you're sometimes booting it up
> while the system is unplugged (ie. on battery)?

yes,it is, but slowing down to 500 mhz is the only available speedstep
option.

165 or similar is not supported (afaik) by the bios/processor.

Nico

--
Please send your messages pgp-signed and/or pgp-encrypted (don't encrypt mails
(public pgp key: ftp.schottelius.org/pub/familiy/nico/pgp-key)