Oops on bootup with 2.4.19-rc3

From: Nir Soffer (nirs@exanet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 05:29:36 EST

Hi!
Rather reproducible oops right on bootup. I copied the traceback
by hand since I had no other way to copy it.

The machine is a Dual PIII with the Serverworks IDE chipset.
It was boot with the append="max_scsi_luns=128" Kernel command line
option.

FYI: Same machine- same config -
Kernel 2.4.19-rc3-aa1 boots fine, but crashes with a serverworks
message.
Kernel 2.4.19-rc2 worked fine
Kernel 2.4.19-rc2-aa1 crashed with a serverworks message.

I'm going to try jam1 now. I saw it contains some serverworks fix.

Follows what I could do to decode... Not very much to go by, I know...
Any more information you'd like me to supply - I'm here.

[root@plat1 nirs]# ksymoops -m /boot/System.map-2.4.19-rc3 -KLO -A
"c0105078 c0105000 c01072c6 c0105050"
ksymoops 2.4.4 on i686 2.4.18-4custom. Options used
     -V (default)
     -K (specified)
     -L (specified)
     -O (specified)
     -m /boot/System.map-2.4.19-rc3 (specified)

Adhoc c0105078 <init+28/190>
Adhoc c0105000 <_stext+0/0>
Adhoc c01072c6 <kernel_thread+26/30>
Adhoc c0105050 <init+0/190>

Regards,
Nir.

--
Nir Soffer -=- Software Engineer, Exanet Inc. -=-
"Father, why are all the children weeping? / They are merely crying son