Re: input subsystem config ?

From: Stelian Pop (stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 11:02:59 EST

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 05:31:32PM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> > I'm not sure about that. It will not work if I do not disable the
> > 'return -1' because the irq will get freed, so the driver will have
> > no chance to get any mouse event.
>
> Actually, no. It also polls the chip repeatedly without needing an irq,
> so it can receive bytes even when no irq happens.

Ok, tried again and I confirm again, no events from the mouse.

> > Maybe I should put some debug statements in the pc_keyb.c interrupt
> > handler and see if the mouse does answer the control commands ?
>
> That's a good idea, yes.

Ok, the mouse seems to answer the control commands. See the
attached files:
        DIFFS: the diffs I made to put tracing into
                include/asm-i386/keyboard.h and drivers/char/pc_keyb.c
        DMESG-INPUT: kernel logs when input drivers are activated
        DMESG-NOINPUT: good old pc_keyb.c driver :-)

At the end of each DMESG files I tried to type on the keyboard and
move the mouse. In the first you have only the keyboard events, in
the second both of them.

Stelian.

--
Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com>