Re: Status of DRI modules for i810 with > 2.4.19-pre6

From: Steve Kieu (haiquy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 06:11:09 EST

> Duplicate the problem with a 2.4.19-rc1-ac3 kernel
> (not one with random
> pre-empt patches). Then get a traceback. Also be
> sure to use XFree86 4.2
> or later

The OOPS nolonger happened BUT it is useless as
XFree86-4.2.0 has problem with dri for i810; in the
XFree86 log file it says Direct rendering is enabled.
But run glxinfo shows that no other software can use
it!. I have searched and found a lot users have the
same thing. although I am quite sure that I installed
it properly (rm all old libGl etc...)

new dri modules; the oop also disappear. (That oops I
reported last time is with the old dri modules); I
thought wow it should be fine, but still no luck. run
glxinfo is fine; but run real application like
bzflags; bzflags can not run, it hang forever. No
OOPS, nothing, everything seems to be normal. Have to
killall -9 bzflag (15 doesn't stop it). Not sure what
caused this; Go back to use kernel 2.4.18-ck4
everything is in order :-)

Regards,

=====
Steve Kieu