Re: IDE/ATAPI in 2.5

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cantab.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 09:45:39 EST

At 15:28 14/07/02, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >From aia21@cantab.net Sun Jul 14 15:38:33 2002
> >At 14:24 14/07/02, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >>[...] In addition, if the drive would support DAE via some non-standard
> >>interface [...]. The DAE quality would be lousy [...].
>
> >This is a very presumptuous statement! You cannot assume that an
> >alternative interface would be of lousy quality. Maybe it is a million
> >times better? The current one (at least as some drives implement it on the
> >drive side) can be of very, very poor quality indeed.
>
>Name a single drive that is DAE capable, does not support ATAPI and
>doesn't do DAE in lousy quality.

I don't need to. As I said in the following paragraph, I never claimed such
a thing existed. I am only complaining about your generalisations which to
me imply that an alternative better interface cannot and could not exist.
Which is a pile of crap. Maybe tomorrow someone will come up with a much
better interface/drive. That is all I am saying. You cannot see into the
future to be able to make such generalisations...

> >Note: I am not saying that there is an alternative interface or anything
> >like that... just that your statement is fallacious.
>
>Your statements just proove that you didn't try to get the background
>information
>that is needed to find a useful and seminal future development.

WHAT?!? Get off your high horse, will you? I never claimed anything to
prompt this response. I am just telling you off for misleading people with
your statements...

Anton, who is starting to get pissed off with Mr Joerg "I know everything"
Schilling

--
   "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown