Re: [OKS] Module removal

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 16:51:56 EST

One oddball use of module removal.

On my tivo I have a module loaded that disables scrambling of the shows it
records (allowing me to download them to standard mpeg files) I need to
not have this module loaded to watch shows that were recorded without the
module loaded.

if module unloading is removed then I will have to reboot my tivo to
unload this module.

yes this module could probably be rewritten to have an interface that
allowed the encryption to be enabled or disabled, but that makes the
module significanlty more complicated then mearly implementing null
functions to replace the existing encryption functions.

David Lang