Re: Advice saught on math functions

From: Kirk Reiser (kirk@braille.uwo.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 11:46:42 EST

Sandy Harris <pashley@storm.ca> writes:

> Can you do something useful with integer versions of those functions?
> Forth people have done astronomical calculations with only scaled
> 16-bit arithmetic. If it's accurate enough to aim telescopes, why
> not for your job?

Good question. It might work just fine. I'll take a closer look at
your suggestions and try to figure it out. The synth is not very
high quality so fixed point or integer may be sufficient.

  Kirk

--

Kirk Reiser The Computer Braille Facility e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca University of Western Ontario phone: (519) 661-3061 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/