Re: O(1) scheduler "complex" macros

From: Erich Focht (efocht@ess.nec.de)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 04:05:29 EST

Hi Ingo,

thanks for the quick response!

> the best solution might be to just lock the 'next' task - this needs a new
> per-task irq-safe spinlock, to avoid deadlocks. This way whenever a task
> is in the middle of a context-switch it cannot be scheduled on another
> CPU.

We tested this and it looked good. But inserting a udelay(100) like:
        prepare_arch_switch(rq, next);
        udelay(100);
        prev = context_switch(prev, next);
leads to a crash after 10 minutes. Again this looks like accessing an
empty page.

Does anything speak against such a test? It is there just to show up
quickly problems which we might normally get only after hours of running.

Regards,
Erich