Re: Driverfs updates

From: jw schultz (jw@pegasys.ws)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 02:15:23 EST

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 07:20:40AM -0500, David D. Hagood wrote:
> I've been following this thread for some time, and one aspect of it
> disturbs me - the principle of symmetry.
>
> I've found that generally, in design thing should be symmetric - if you
> can turn a thing on, you could be able to turn it off, if you can heat a
> thing, you should be able to cool it, and if you can load a thing, you
> should be able to unload it.

I hope you know the difference between a woman and a light bulb...

Apologies to the linux chix and humor impaired. It was such
a big set-up it cried out for the punchline.

I actually agree somewhat with you. If you can't unload
modules the only reasons to have them are to get out of
building kernels, or build and reboot when you get new
hot-plug hardware. Laziness is a virtue, sloth is a sin,
the line betwen is hard to define.

	email address:		jw@pegasys.ws