joystick.c

From: Piotr Sawuk (a9702387@unet.univie.ac.at)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 05:21:44 EST

Sorry if I'm off-topic here, since I don't read this list.
also when replying please send me a copy...

in function js_correct(value,corr) I've found the instructions:

if (value < -32767) return -32767;
if (value > 32767) return 32767;

what's the use of these? I'm asking because my new usb-joystick
is returning those values somewhere in the middle of it's threshold
and I was wondering if disabling the above would do any good?

however, the actual reason why I've looked into that file was
because wine reported strange joystick-events 6,7,8,9 and I
just can't figure out what those are supposed to do. I've found
JS_EVENT 1 and 2 in the linux/joystick.h include, but no mention
of anything related to the number '6'. does anyone know anything
about those joystick events?