Re: ATAPI + cdwriter problem

From: James Stevenson (mistral@stev.org)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 17:32:14 EST

Hi

> > its a Benq 32x10x40 CD/RW
> Check here for your drive to see if there are any updates for it:
> http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/cdr/cdrf.htm

will have a look.

> > running with the Promise ATA/133 controller
> If the drive is not ATA/### where ### is 66/100/133, then you may try
> putting the drive on a UDMA/33 port to see if that helps at all. (So you
> could eliminate the ATA/133 port as being part of the problem.

2 of the drives are on a UDMA/33 controller and i still have problems with
them
always have but they worked fine under 2.2.x i have always had problems in
2.4.x
i tend to post here every few months when it gets me pissed of about it
though this
is about the biggest response i have ever seen so far.

i can also see sombody else may have the same problems with ide-scsi but
with a
dvd drive it matches what i see with a drive when reading bad media.

http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-mm-bugs/2002-01/msg00000.html

    James