Re: IDE, util-linux

From: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 15:18:57 EST

> Well the point is that the 2.5.25 is well behind whats going on.

Yes. Maybe I must be patient.

But there has not been a 2.5 kernel the past two months
that worked for me, that booted, stayed up for 24 hours
and did not corrupt filesystems.

> Please hunt for IDE 94 + 95 + 96

I am not interested in going out and searching for patches,
unless you specifically come and say: "I fixed HPT366 access -
both PIO and DMA - the driver again does precisely what 2.4 did -
please try".

Hope to try some other vanilla kernel later.

Andries