only one USB UHCI driver in 2.5 now

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 12:49:11 EST

Hi all,

Well, I've taken everyone's responses to my "choose a UHCI driver"
message, looked at the two drivers a bunch myself, and ran through all
of the devices I could throw at them. As of 2.5.25, I've chosen the
"alternate" UHCI driver, uhci-hcd.o. I'll delete the other HCD drivers
in the drivers/usb/host directory that are now no longer in the build,
and send that to Linus in a few days.

I'd like to publicly thank Georg Acher, Deti Fliegl, and Thomas Sailer
for all of the work they have put into the usb-uhci.c and usb-uhci-hcd.c
drivers in the past. It has been greatly appreciated.

I'm not going to remove the usb-uhci.c driver in the 2.2 and 2.4
kernels, as they have proven to be stable there.

thanks,

greg k-h