Re: 2.5.25 dead kbd and gpm oops (my config error ?)

From: Kai Makisara (Kai.Makisara@kolumbus.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 11:36:10 EST

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Alessandro Suardi wrote:

> 2.5.25 compiles and boots fine, but keyboard is dead and
> gpm exits with its own oops() function (not a kernel oops).

I lost my keyboard and USB mouse (no gpm running and no oops).

The temporary solution seems to be to leave out the drivers for serial i/o
in input i/o drivers. There is another keyboard driver unconditionally
included and it conflicts with the new i8042 driver. Here is my input
configuration:

18:41:04> egrep 'INPUT|MOUSE|SERIO|8042' .config | grep -v '^#'
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=m
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1600
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=1200
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
CONFIG_USB_MOUSE=m

I guess this problem will be corrected when the input changes continue.

        Kai