Re: LaCie USB hard drive fails to work on Linux/Pmac

From: Bastien Nocera (hadess@hadess.net)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 20:57:19 EST

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 02:41, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> Only some of the LaCie units work. They have indicated to me that they
> changed the internals of the unit without changing the PID, VID, or
> revision data. There is no way to tell, as far as I know, what type of
> unit you have.

Would there be any way I could determine it from the hardware itself?

S Murali sent me this url with modifications that made his HD work it
seems: http://kohinoor.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~tulasi

I tried it to no avail. Anything else I can do to try to make this work?
Tech specs of any kind, that I could use to make it work hard-wired?

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net