Re: [OKS] O(1) scheduler in 2.4

From: J Sloan (joe@tmsusa.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 02:36:30 EST

Ingo, it's apparent you are refraining from
pushing this O(1) scheduler - that's admirable,
but don't swing too far in the other direction.

The fact is, it's working well in 2.5, it's working
well in the 2.4-ac tree, it's working well in the
2.4-aa tree, and Red Hat has been shipping it.

It will soon be the case that most Linux users
are using O(1) - thus any poor clown who
downloads the standard src from kernel.org
has a large task ahead of him if he wants
similar functionality to the majority of
linux users. This divergence may not be a
good thing...

;-)

Joe