eth0: memory shortage

From: Teodor Iacob (Teodor.Iacob@astral.kappa.ro)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 14:09:31 EST

Hello,

I keep getting these messages (like about twice a day) in the messages:
eth0: memory shortage
eth0: memory shortage
eth1: memory shortage
eth1: memory shortage

Any idea what could be the reason behind this?

I have the following hardware/software configuration:

XP 2000+ / KT333 (Soltek DRV5) / 512MB DDR PC2100
2 x 3Com 3c905 NICs

The kernel is 2.4.19-pre10 with netfilter for bridging patch
applied and it is configured as a bridge between 2 routers
to do filtering for forwarding and packet scheduling (htb)
it has a throughput of 17Mbps, 900 entries in FORWARD chain,
and 700 classes in htb on each card.

Anyway my real question is if I should be worried about
those messages? and of course any solutions if this is a
problem?

--
      Teodor Iacob,
Astral TELECOM Internet