Re: 2.4.19-rc1 and devfs

From: Adrian Bunk (bunk@fs.tum.de)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 12:25:59 EST

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:

> > 2. Your .config
> Hmmm, I don't know whether to attach or to paste it, I think to attach
> is better, so it's attached.

<-- snip -->

# CONFIG_MTRR=y
CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG_QUEUES=Y
#CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
#CONFIG_JBD=y
#CONFIG_RAMFS=y
# CONFIG_SOUND_BT878=m

<-- snip -->

It does _NOT_ work to edit a .config by hand without running a
"make oldconfig" after editing it.

After running "make oldconfig" 2.4.19-rc1 compiles fine with your .config

> Uli

cu
Adrian

--

You only think this is a free country. Like the US the UK spends a lot of time explaining its a free country because its a police state. Alan Cox