Re: [OKS] Module removal

From: Tom Rini (trini@kernel.crashing.org)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 12:48:31 EST

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 06:07:06PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > developing drivers and such. Aunt Tillie would no longer be able to
> > remove modules from her kernel, but that's not likely to bother her too
> > much...
>
> It would very much bother uncle John, who is in high availability.

Then the HA kernel turns on the ability to still remove modules, along
with all of the other things needed in an HA environment but not
elsewhere. Provided removing a module doesn't become a horribly racy,
barely usable bit of functionality, which I hope it won't.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/