Re: Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite Mk 2 USB Problems with 2.4.18.

From: Brad Hards (bhards@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 23:16:42 EST

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 02:47, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> > > My theory is that usbkbd.o doesn't cope with ErrorRollover which is
> > > being generated, unlike hid.o which didn't used to but does now.
> >
> > I have an idea: remove usbkbd or make it extremely hard for newbies to
> > build (e.g. drop CONFIG_USB_KBD from config.in, so it would need to be
> > added manually if you want usbkbd).
>
> That doesn't sound too great.
Actually, it would probably avoid a lot of unhappy users, and I am a strong
advocate of total removal of the code, config option, everything. The only
downside is slightly larger code size for hid.o vs usbkbd.o.

Unfortunately, removal has been vetoed by the USB Maintainer based on the code
size issue.

Hmm, maybe we can add a particularly inefficient ErrorRollover handling case
to usbkbd :-)

Brad

--
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.