allocate memory in userspace

From: Timo Benk (t_benk@web.de)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 12:26:59 EST

Hi,

I am a kernel newbie and i am writing a module. I
need to allocate some memory in userspace because
i want to access syscalls like open(), lstat() etc.
I need to call these methods in the kernel, and in
my special case there is no other way, but i
do not want to reimplement all the syscalls.

I read that it should be possible, but i cannot
find any example or recipe on how to do it.
It should work with do_mmap() and fd=-1 and
MAP_ANON, but i jusst can't get it to work.

Do you now any working example, or a good reference
for the do_mmap() call?

Thanks in advance,

-timo

--
gpg key fingerprint = 6832 C8EC D823 4059 0CD1  6FBF 9383 7DBD 109E 98DC