Spacewalker SS40

From: Anders Karlsson (anders.karlsson@meansolutions.com)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 10:15:10 EST

Hello,

I have very recently bought a Shuttle SS40 and I have installed Debian
Woody on it. During the install process everything works fine, and the
machine installs nicely. Then I started adding a few of the things I
like in all systems, like a 2.4 kernel for example.

Debian Woody have 2.4.16 and 2.4.18 up for grabs, and I have tried
both. The problem with the 2.4 kernels seems to be that PCI does not
get recognised or enabled. Hence things like networking, USB and
IEEE1394 becomes unusable.

I have tried to get 2.4.19-rc1 installed, but as that does not compile
for various reasons I have not yet been able to test it.

Please find attached the output from /proc/pci, the output from lspci,
lspci -v as well as the output from dmesg when I boot the 2.4.18-k7
kernel.

Should any other details be required, let me know. I do not subscribe
to the list, so I will look in the archives for responses but would
appreciate it if I was CC'd.

Looking forward to hearing what the cause of the problem might be.

--
Anders Karlsson <anders dot karlsson at meansolutions dot com>