NVidia proprietary driver problem? Read this.

From: Alexandre P. Nunes (alex@PolesApart.wox.org)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 08:35:45 EST

Hi all,

I'm forwarding an email i've got from nvidia. All linux users having
problems with the NVdriver and that are able to supply the information
Christian is asking me in this forwarded email, are encouraged to sent
this information directly to him.

Please read the forwarded message.

Cheers,

Alexandre

attached mail follows:

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:38:34AM -0300, Alexandre P. Nunes wrote:

> Someone please read the thread:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=102479554629270&w=2
>
> Including the replies.

Please provide me with the following pieces of information:

  - your system's hardware configuration
  - a list of the loaded modules
  - the kernel version
  - your current kernel's configuration file
  - the development tools used to build it (gcc, binutils, etc)
  - the shortest way to reproduce the problem
  - the exact BUG message, if possible a ksymoops decoded trace
  - any relevant log files
  - whatever else you can think of that might help

The more information you can provide, the better; I can't currently
reproduce the problem, however I have had reports from other users
experiencing it. If you know other users with this problem and have
a way to contact them, please ask them to send me these bits of
information as well. One user reported that he could not reproduce
the problem with 2.5 series kernels; I do not encourage you to use
2.5 at this point, but if you feel adventurous, it would be helpful
to know how 2.5 works for you.

Thanks,

--
christian zander