Re: ANN: NTFS 2.0.1 for kernel 2.5.7 released

From: Padraig Brady (padraig@antefacto.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 07:19:56 EST

Is this a good default?

IMHO you usually would not want to execute stuff off NTFS, and
if you do you can always just explicitly invoke using wine like:
`wine /ntfs/lookout.exe`

To have all files executable breaks stuff like:
midnight commander (won't open executable files)
ls colorizing
shell tab completion

see:

I think the default should be