Re: power off

From: Christian Schoenebeck (christian.schoenebeck@epost.de)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 20:20:06 EST

(please cc me)

Es geschah am Donnerstag, 28. März 2002 23:52 als Anton Altaparmakov schrieb:
> You mell well find that you just need to upgrade your userspace utilities
> to make it work. For me, using the exact same kernel!!! but a different
> distro makes the difference between the computer just sitting there when I
> shutdown -h now or actually powering off...

I'm using latest Debian Woody - up to date packages, so I don't think that
should be the problem.

> Having said all that some versions of 2.4 kernels have broken shutdown so
> it would help if you said which kernel version you are using...

First I used 2.2.19pre17 and everything was fine, now unfortunately I had to
move to 2.4.x and tried 2.4.17 and now 2.4.7 (both Debian customized). Of
course I enabled apm ("apm=on" kernel parameter and also "Enable PM at boot
time"). As this didn't work, I also tried "User real mode APM...", "Allow
Interrupts..." and I tried ACPI instead. All didn't work!

So is there anything else I can do?