Patch for ide/pdc202xx.c

From: Markus Sinner (sinner@psitronic.de)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 12:27:28 EST

Hi Maintainers,

i've added support for promise PDC 20276 Chipset, based on Gigabyte
GA-7DXR+. With the supported changes the driver works fine in DMA(33)
Mode, what in my System means about 22MB/sec. I'd be pleased if you
include these changes in pre5 or so.

I also tried to get U-DMA-100 worked, but that hacking. I manually set
UDMA in an ugly way, but it works and both of my 120GB HDDs get transfers:
/dev/hda:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 64 MB in 1.40 seconds = 45.71 MB/sec
And that would be ok!

My system is configured with raid0 and raid1 (linux-software-)RAID and
is works stable since about two weeks. So maybe some little changes have
to be maid to pdc202xx.c to work correctly, but I'm not quite good
enough to understand whats going on on the chip. Maybe with a little
help of you I can get it worked correctly. I perhaps could configure an
hardisk for root-access over ISDN or Internet, just for trying ;-)

:-) Markus Sinner

--

********************************* sinner@psitronic.de http://www.psitronic.de

psitronic IT-Solutions Markus Sinner Lindenstraße 5 - 68642 Bürstadt Tel.: (+49)6206 / 963513 Fax: (+49)6206 / 963514