Re: [ANNOUNCE] Kernel 2.4.18-WOLK3.1

From: Marc-Christian Petersen (mcp@linux-systeme.de)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 05:16:50 EST

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 10:25, you wrote:

Hi Samuel,

> First of all, I'm happy to see such a Patchset, Thanks.
:-) Thanks that you are using it :)

> you're version name is WOLK in uppercase.
> I would like to ask if there is a naming convention for kernel trees:
> make-kpkg, which is the kernel source/image packager of the debian,
> doesn't support release names in uppercases:
> Lion:/usr/src/linux# make-kpkg
> debian/rules:966: *** Error. The version number 2.4.18-WOLK3.1 is not
> all lowercase. Since the version ends up in the package name of the
> kernel image package, this is a Debian policy violation, and the
> packaging system shall refuse to package the image. . Stop.
> Could you rename your EXTRAVERSION with wolk ? or is it a Debian
> limitation ?
Yes, i know of that limitation of make-kpkg, but i have forgotton to rename
it for WOLK 3.1. You can do so easily for yourself my editing the patched
kernel/full wolk kernel File Makefile and look for EXTRAVERSION = -WOLK3.1
and rename it to -wolk3.1. Its in the 4th line of that File, or, if you
haven't patched the vanilla at all or want to change it permanently for the
patchset, edit 99_VERSION, look for +EXTRAVERSION = -WOLK3.1 and rename it
too.

You want to support Debian Kernel Package of WOLK? I appreciate it :)

--
Kind regards
	Marc-Christian Petersen

Linux-Systeme GmbH Tenderweg 11 45141 Essen Tel.: +49 201 - 85 85 130 / Mobil: +49 173 - 541 68 09 http://www.linux-systeme.de - http://sourceforge.net/projects/wolk

PGP/GnuPG Key: 1024D/408B2D54947750EC Fingerprint: 8602 69E0 A9C2 A509 8661 2B0B 408B 2D54 9477 50EC Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net.   Encrypted e-mail preferred. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/