readv() return and errno

From: Jim Hollenback (jholly@cup.hp.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 16:54:26 EST

 In doing some testing on the project I'm working on I came
 across something that is causing a bit of confusion on my part.

 According to readv(2) EINVAL is returned for an invalid
 argument. The examples given were count might be greater than
 MAX_IOVEC or zero. The test case I am working with has count = 0
 and I get return of 0 and errno 0 instead of the expected -1
 and errno EINVAL.

 Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Jim Hollenback