Re: 23 second kernel compile (aka which patches help scalibility on NUMA)

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 16:07:51 EST

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 12:19:13PM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> some other stuff as well. The -aa tree also seems to be
> incompatible (or rather, not trivially fixable) with the O(1)
> scheduler.

To apply the O(1) scheduler you only need to backout the dyn-sched and
numa-sched patches first (dyn-sched will be definitely obsoleted by the
O(1) scheduler, numa-sched should be changed like Mike described a few
weeks ago but probably O(1) will just work better than my current
numa-sched). There are no other changes to the scheduler, the
child-first is an optimization and parent-timeslice is an important
bugfix.

Andrea