netlink usage

From: aryan aru (aryan222is@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 19:02:35 EST

Hi,

I need some help on netlink usage. I have a process
running in user space and a driver in kernel space. I
want to setup a communication between these two
through netlink. From kernel point of view I am not
clear. If I need to send data to user procees thorugh
"netlink_unicast", this method is expecting the
process_id of the process that is running in the user
space. How can I get the process ID from the user
space.

Or is there any other way.

Any help plz...

thanks in advance