furwocks: Fast Userspace Read/Write Locks

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@rustcorp.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 07:11:38 EST

This is a userspace implementation of rwlocks on top of futexes.

Release was delayed because tdbtorture started crashing... turns out
it's unrelated 2.5.6-pre2 wierdness (after a good 6 hours debugging
<SIGH>).

So I don't have numbers, but I'm pretty sure this is as good as it
gets without explicit kernel support for rwlocks. Kudos to Paul
Mackerras for the brainwork on this one. Blame me for the name.

        ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/futex-1.2.tar.gz

Cheers!
Rusty.