RE: Recommendations about a 100/10 NIC

From: Kelsey Hudson (khudson@compendium-tech.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 03:21:16 EST

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, LA Walsh @ tlinx.org wrote:

> Any recommendations for the most Linux-friendly/best performance,
> 2-ethernet port cards? Is there a website one could go to find Linux
> Compatible and Linux-ease-of-use hardware and software products? Comparisons?
> Etc?

Linda, I've got a dual port Intel eepro100 card in this machine. I've had
it close to a year, with nothing but excellent performance and stability.
I can't say the same thing for other cards i've tried in here, namingly
the 3com adapters everyone seems to think are so great. I won't even touch
a 3com adapter anymore, but i digress... These dual eepro100 cards can be
had used for relatively cheap; i think I purchased this one for $45USD
when i bought it...