Re: Recommendations about a 100/10 NIC

From: Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.- (msterret@coat.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 13:30:32 EST

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Tim Hockin wrote:

> I've been happy with Natsemi controllers (Netgear FA-311 and Fa-312).

Have you tried those with cables longer than 20 feet? I was totally happy
with my Netgear cards with a 10ft crossover until I tried connecting a
couple of new computers to my file server in the closet with 25ft CAT5
and then all the UDP (most noticeably NFS) traffic turned to crap.

I returned everything and got all D-link hardware. Works great. I'm not
going to buy Netgear hardware for the foreseeable future.

Michael Sterrett
  -Mr. Bones.-
michael.sterrett@coat.com