UDF Write Support with CD-RW and CD-R Devices ?

From: kreuzritter2000@gmx.de
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 12:58:00 EST

Hello,

I want to use UDF with my CD-RW Device
but write support is not supported at the moment.

So I want to ask what is the status about this Topic at the moment?
Is someone working on this?

In ./Documentation/filesystems/udf.txt
i read the following:
" Write support requires a block driver which supports writing. The current
scsi and ide cdrom drivers do not support writing."

And in menu-config this:
"Due to lack of support for writing to CDR/CDRW's, this option
  ? is only supported for hard discs, DVD-RAM, and loopback files."

Is someone working on write support for those SCSI and IDE CDROM drivers or
this Block Driver thing support?

Will i see UDF write support with CD-RW Devices in the next big Kernel
Release, in other words for example linux Kernel 2.6.x?

Pleas CC every answer/comment of this Topic to me,
because I am not subscribed to this mailing-list.

Thanks.

Best Regards
   Oliver C.

http://www.gmx.net