fujitsu pt510 ( again ) and touchscreen

From: Matthew Allum (mallum@xblox.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 09:00:53 EST

Hi all;

I now have Linux running happily on the 510 with pcmcia and X running
happily.

However I am having little luck getting any infomation from the
touchscreen. I have tried various X11 drivers ( from linuxslate.org
andfujitsu b112 drivers ) as well as kernel modules for different types
of ps2 mice.

Im not sure if the touchscreen is on a ttyS or /dev/psaux, the kernel
reports nothing. I have been told ( unreliably however ) thats its a ps2
port on irq 12. Catting these various devices also produces nothing.

Im looking for some pointers on how to begin reverse enginneeing the
touchscreen and
actually getting some data from it.

dmidecode gives me nothing as does lspci ( the machine does not have pci ).

Any advice, greatly appreciated;

Matthew Allum