Re: pwc-webcam attached to usb-ohci card blocks on read() indefinitely.

From: Carl-Johan Kjellander (carljohan@kjellander.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 05:56:45 EST

Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 02:06:07AM +0100, Carl-Johan Kjellander wrote:
>
>>Attached to each one of these is an Philips ToUCam pro which uses the pwc
>>and pwcx modules. (yes, the kernel becomes tainted by the pwcx module)
>>

> As you are using this closed source module, I suggest you take this up
> with that module's author.

The problem exists even when pwcx.o isn't loaded so the bug is not in there.

# lsmod --version
lsmod version 2.4.13
# lsmod
Module Size Used by Tainted: P
eepro100 17520 1
appletalk 19596 0 (autoclean)
ipchains 30884 12
md 43712 0 (unused)
audio 38080 0 (unused)
soundcore 3428 8 [audio]
pwc 38592 1
usb-uhci 21348 0 (unused)
usb-ohci 17920 0 (unused)
usbcore 49440 1 [audio pwc usb-uhci usb-ohci]

The test machine has not had pxwc.o loaded after bootup and the problem
is still there.

/Carl-Johan Kjellander
please CC me.

--
begin 644 carljohan_at_kjellander_dot_com.gif
Y1TE&.#=A(0`F`(```````/___RP`````(0`F```"@XR/!\N<#U.;+MI`<[U(>\!UGQ9BGT%>'D2I