Re: s390 is totally broken in 2.4.18

From: Martin Schwidefsky (schwidefsky@de.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 05:10:37 EST

Hi,

>Apparently, NOBODY bothered to test 2.4.18-pre*, 2.4.18 final,
>or 2.4.19-pre* on s390. The broken patch went into 2.4.18-pre1
>with a curt changelog:
>
>- S390 merge (IBM)
The patch that was merged in 2.4.18-pre* has been created against
2.4.17-pre7 and it did work. The problem is that not all of the
changes I sent Marcelo have been accepted. One of the patches was
the asm-offsets fix that removes all of the hardcoded offsets from
entry.S. Another patch was accepted that changed the thread
structure and this created the inconsistency.

>Patch attached.
Well your patch halfway fixes one of the problems. Halfway because
not the fp_regs structure has changed its size but the pt_regs
pointer has been removed from the thread structure.
Incidentally I sent an s390 update to Marcelo yesterday and the
minimal fixes including an rwsem.h implementation and the partition
detection fixes are about 2000 lines. Want a copy ?

blue skies,
   Martin

Linux/390 Design & Development, IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schönaicherstr. 220, D-71032 Böblingen, Telefon: 49 - (0)7031 - 16-2247
E-Mail: schwidefsky@de.ibm.com