Re: Dlink DSL PCI Card

From: Erik Andersen (andersen@codepoet.org)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 18:39:21 EST

On Fri Feb 22, 2002 at 03:27:56PM -0800, Dave Rattay [ITeX] wrote:
> release. This just doesn't happen with Linux. I agree that this would

You have _always_ had access to Linux. You have had the entire
OS along with full source code to it for the last 10 years....
So 6 months of binary only access beats 10 years of full source?

> Now as to specs for the board itself you can check with sales because I
> am not even sure what our policy is on that and I wish you luck in those
> regards.

If you were able to release full specs for your DSL PCI Card
(including specs on DSPs and the microcode needed to drive them),
I would gladly buy one tomorrow, even without a driver, because I
would know that even if nobody else cared about that card under
Linux, I could read the specs myself and fix the driver, or I
could pay somebody to fix the driver for me. Without that
information, the card dies when Dlink loses interest...

 -Erik