Need some help with IP/TCP Checksum Offload

From: harish.vasudeva@amd.com
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 17:57:22 EST

Hi All,

 I am trying to offload checksum calculation to my hardware. What i am doing in my driver (kernel 2.4.6) is :

 dev->features = NETIF_F_IP_CHECKSUM;

 Then, in my start_xmit( ) routine, i am parsing for the right headers & when i get the IP/TCP header, i print out the checksum & it is already the right checksum. When does the OS/Protocol offload this task? Am i missing something here?

thanx for your help
HARISH V
Enterprise Connectivity Solutions, AMD
(408) 749-3324 (Work)
* Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use. *