RE: boot messeage

From: Torrey Hoffman (Torrey.Hoffman@myrio.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 21:09:32 EST

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 05:34:00PM -0800, Torrey Hoffman wrote:
> > Then use append="console=/dev/tty2 CONSOLE=/dev/tty2", and you won't
>
> Why do you use both console and CONSOLE?

hmmm. I can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure it was necessary
when I started doing this 18 months ago, I wouldn't have added it
otherwise.

IIRC, "CONSOLE=/dev/tty2" becomes an environment variable for init, and
with the right intelligence in your startup scripts you get all your rc
script output on tty2 as well. On the other hand, my current startup
scripts don't seem to use it or need it... so I guess I don't know.

cargo-cult system management :-( ("but I've always done it that way")

Torrey