Re: [DRIVER][RFC] SC1200 Watchdog driver

From: Christer Weinigel (wingel@acolyte.hack.org)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 06:59:16 EST

Following up to myself:

In a private mail Jeff Garzik wrote:
>You should use a semaphore in ->open for example, not an atomic test
>op. (note - atomic bit ops must ONLY be performed on unsigned long)

Ok, I've switched to a semaphore instead and gotten rid of the magic
numbers. I've also added the ability to set and get the timeout
(where is WDIOC_GETTIMEOUT supposed to be defined? it's not in my
2.4.17 kernel), and a reboot notifier so that the system can be halted
without the watchdog kicking in.

I have compiled this, but I haven't tested it for real yet (I have no
hardware close right now), so I might have done some stupid mistake.
I'll test this and put up a new snapshot when done.

   http://www.nano-system.com/scx200/

Is there anything else I ought to change?

  /Christer

--
Blatant plug: I'm a freelance consultant looking for interesting work.