Re: more detailed information about the AMD 1.6+ GHz MP smp-problem with latest kernel

From: Rob Myers (rob.myers@gtri.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 06:31:12 EST

ive got the same motherboard with the same results.

2.4.18-rc2 and 2.4.18-rc2-ac1 would not boot

redhat's latest 2.4.9 version would only boot with noapic passed to the
kernel and the bios had mps 1.4 spec on and mp table disabled. but
sometimes that paniced and would not boot.

if anyone knows what bios settings and kernel bits make this board
stable please pass that info along...

thanks

rob.