Re: Ess Solo-1 interrupt behaviour

From: Thomas Zimmerman (thomas@zimres.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 15:09:51 EST

On 19-Feb 05:12, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> > > Wait, wait, but my ISA Vibra 16 generates 20+ times less interrupts, with the
> > > _same_ esd!
> >
> > Yes. It has diff fragment limits
> >
> So the point is we should fix esd, not the solo-1 driver, i presume?
> (esd_fixed -> irq_load_fixed -> disk_io_is_back)... sounds ok
>
> EOT
>
> regards, Samium Gromoff

It would be EOT, but there don't seem to _be_ any esd developers. I'd take a
look but my C skills max out at about "hello world", and there wouldn't be
anyone to make a new release (google couldn't find a esd homepage at least).
Maybe the gnome/ximian folks are taking bug reports/fixes in their packages.
Who knows? This has come up several times with nary a peep from a esd
developer.

Thomas