Re: Sony P-I/O device?

From: Stelian Pop (stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 08:36:10 EST

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 09:08:53AM -0300, Sebastian Manzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I have tried sonypi module in my Sony PCG-FXA36 and it seems to be looking for
> a 0x7113 device that I don't have (lspci):

Not exactly. It does check for 'is_sony_vaio_laptop' variable.
The check for the pci device is just an additionnal clue on the kind
of sonypi device you have.

Does your kernel print a line:
        Sony Vaio laptop detected.
on boot ? I suppose not, and that would explain the sonypi init failure.

Could you send me the output of dmidecode ?
        http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/alan/DMI/dmidecode.c

Stelian.

--
Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com>