Re: Moving fasync_struct into struct file?

From: Bob Dunlop (bob.dunlop@xyzzy.org.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 05:40:16 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 19, Rusty Russell wrote:
> This means we need a move the "struct fasync_struct
> fasync_list" into struct file (up from all the subsystems which use
> it, eg. struct socket).
>
> See any problems with this?

At first I thought I would clean up the drivers a little moving common
code from the release routine. The release code is not called in the
example you gave because of the fork, correct ?

Then I realised what happens if several processes all request SIGIO
notification on different descriptors. The driver still needs to keep
a private list of all the processes registered with it. struct file
should at best contain a pointer back to the relevant structure in the
driver private list for cleanup ?

--
        Bob Dunlop