Q: use of new modules in old kernel

From: Tobias Wollgam (tobias.wollgam@materna.de)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 04:02:52 EST

Hi,

how is it possible to use modules of newer kernels in an old kernel
system?

To use new drivers, we want not recompile the kernel.

I tried to load the module 8139too from 2.4.17 into a 2.4.9 kernel with
modprobe, but there are many unresolved symbols.

The flag "Set version information on all module symbols" is set.

TIA for all information, hyperlinks are welcome too,

        Tobias

--
Tobias Wollgam * Softwaredevelopment * Business Unit Information
MATERNA GmbH Information & Communications