Re: jiffies rollover, uptime etc.

From: Chris Adams (cmadams@hiwaay.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 21:54:43 EST

Once upon a time, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> said:
>I would schedule maintenance for it at the point it wraps. Its not the most
>tested code path in 2.2

I've got a couple of servers running 2.2 that have long rolled over (one
206 days ago and the other 314 days ago) without any trouble. Another
six months and the second one will roll over a second time. We're
looking at moving them to a new location, and I'm trying to figure out
how to splice an UPS in the power cord. :-)

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>