Re: That Linux Guy <thatlinuxguy@hotmail.com>,Re: Of Bundling, Dao and Cowardice

From: bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 12:33:26 EST

In article <Pine.LNX.4.33L.0202161713420.1930-100000@imladris.surriel.com> you write:

>I don't quite agree on the "more trouble" part either,
>in the end it is MUCH more trouble when a big blob of
>code gets integrated than when a series of small changes
>get applied one by one.

I would say "more than one idea" here, if something need changes in a
lot of places, so be it, they often won't work except as a whole. You
don't cross vast chasms in a series of small safe steps.

Hanging multiple indenpendent things in a single blob is bad practice,
of course.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> CTO, TMR Associates, Inc
  Programming without software engineering is like sculpting with a chain